Thursday, January 20, 2005

Checking In

Well I haven’t been at my blog for a couple of days now, so I guess I’m getting behind. I don’t have time right now to continue my story, but if anyone wants to hear what all happened let me know and I will get back at it.

I got invited over to a friend’s to watch the Super Bowl. He’s hoping he will have his HD TV up and running by then. Not sure if we’ll will go or not. Being a football fan I usually enjoy watching the Super Bowl but the main thing is they don’t allow you to wear shoes in their house and the Mrs. isn’t too keen on that. Not to mention we went there last year and it wasn’t all that great an experience really. One of the problems was she didn’t know about the no shoes rule and didn’t dress accordingly.

Of course there are all sorts of other underlying things that go on when a group of people get together, especially if they don’t really know each other that well. A lot of small talk to consume, and some people will be making judgments about other people, and other people will thinking that people are judging them.

Still, it’s the guys from work, and the boss will probably be there, so it’s a good opportunity to do a little socializing and keep up the front that I’m just a regular guy like everyone else. I don’t like to let the word out to the general public that I’m a Lookout. I can’t blow my cover or I might not be able to do my job. You can never be too careful when you’re working behind enemy lines.

No comments: