Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Lonely Visitor

Sometimes I feel like a lonely visitor here, I often wondered if I belonged here. But then I wondered where is here? The question implies there is somewhere else I could be. But on close examination this concept denies the fact that Creation is everywhere and everything. In my world view nothing exists that is not the Creation. So how could I be anywhere else?

With a question like that, how could I be in search for a way out of here? I conclude that the way out of here is just a string of events or lessons that will show the way to a new understanding and perception of what here is.

Recently I had a discussion with my father, the Pastor. I dared him to consider that we were already in Heaven and that the Devil was in fact part of the Creation that the Creator made. This didn’t fit with his beliefs, though in my logical way of thinking, how it could be any other way? No belief required, just reasoned thought.

I question the need for beliefs. Why must we believe? Are we supposed to have to believe? Why is belief associated with spirituality? It seems to be the consensus that belief is connected with spirituality. To be spiritual means one has to have a belief. Why? Can’t we come to an understanding of our reality without beliefs?

Truly, our reality cannot be fully comprehended by reason alone, it will take more than logical deduction to comprehend fully the Creation. Unquestioned beliefs are not the answer, they block the path to the way out of here.

No comments: