Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Theory of Celestial Influence

So to continue my story here, I found astrology fascinating, but what I was really looking for was some scientific study on the phenomenon. When I thought about our solar system it reminded me of an atom with electrons spinning around it.


Scientist say the space between the electron and nucleus is really quite vast, yet the particles exert force on each other. So why wouldn’t the same be true of the planets? I know there are gravitational effects, but what is gravity anyway? And might there be other effects? Could there be forces that affected our minds and bodies as well?

I was cruising the book titles at my book store and ran across one: "The Theory of Celestial Influence" by Rodney Collin. This seemed like what I was looking for.

I took the book home and began reading it. It wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be, but it introduced me to the work of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. I also found inside the book a bookmark inviting me join a Fourth Way School.

I soon took up the invitation to discover what exactly a Fourth Way School was. This was 1976, I was in the middle of building the Pentagon Shack. Over the next six years I studied this in more depth, and I want to share my experiences there.

No comments: